Happenings of my daily life....as a mother, business owner, and stay at home mom!

April 24, 2014

Sprucing up around here.

We moved into our house three years ago this August. My goal for the past 4 months has been making my house look more like a home. Which included pictures on wall, curtains, and just giving it a more "homey" feel. At the end of last year PD and I decided to get curtains for our windows (we have three VERY large windows in the living area of our house). I waited until I found them onsale and got some plain brown curtains. While I liked the curtains I thought they needed something a bit more to spruce them up a bit. So I went to Hobby Lobby and found some of this white and yellow damask fabric and added a stripe into each of my brown curtains (that's 8 curtains panels). I LOVE the way it turned out! It also helped to lengthen them a bit as my patio door curtains were a tad to short for my taste. PD also found this painting at Kohl's that we got for about $8 after rebates and such. I think it draws all my colors in together perfectly. It's very similar to the painting that is over my couch (same "artist').

Thanks for letting me share a bit of my excititment with you on slowly making my house into a home.

We are working on making a window bench seat for the living room, I'll share pictures when we are finished! I just primed and painted the board today! :)




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails